There aren’t many things more refreshing than a cold glass of Coke on a hot day. But the popular soda, which dates all the way back to 1886, has so many more uses than that. You’ve probably seen the popular email that lists the crazy things that you can do with Coke, like using it as a really great cleaner. From removing stains from fabrics to cleaning toilet bowls , a little bit of Coca-Cola can go a long way. Coke’s a lot cheaper than a lot of cleaners and other home remedies, so these tips could be money-savers too. Check out the list below of 5 cleaning uses of Coca- Cola.
5 Unique Cleaning Uses for Coca-Cola
1. Clean Car Battery Terminals. There’s acid in almost all carbonated drinks. And that helps strip corrosion from car battery terminals. Pour some soda over the battery terminals and watch the car residue wipe away.
2. Clean Grease From Glass. Even Eyeglasses. That same handy phosphoric acid removes grease and grime from glass. Even dried hairspray from mirrors. After wiping your mirror with coke your mirror will be spotless for the infamous bathroom selfies.
3. Strip Paint From Metal Patio Furniture. Want to refinish some outdoor furniture? Do it the right way and strip off the old paint first. To make it easier, apply coke to the furniture and the paint should strip off easily.
4. Clean Your Dirty Toilet Bowl. Got bad stains, a date coming over in an hour and no toilet cleaner? Pour a can of soda into the bowl and the acid will eliminate all stains old and new.
5. Loosen Clogged Drains. If your sink is draining slowly and you don’t have any drain cleaner in the house you can you a bottle of Coca-cola down the drain and let the acids will fight the clogs for you.